Posting date: October 03, 2009 Expiry date: October 12, 2009
PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world.
In order to maintain its position as world s most efficient coal producer, PT Kaltim Prima Coal is under taking format continuous business and performance improvement.
Opportunity exists for a seasoned, high caliber, professional to join the Company with job Assignment in Sengata-East Kalimantan for the positions of:
Manager – Business and Performance Improvement
Key elements of the position include:
• Liaise with Managers in the organization to understand the problems on their areas to identify improvement opportunities and to define, select and monitor business improvement projects.
• Direct and facilitate the KPC s business and performance improvement projects to ensure the team meets the goals.
• Ensure that appropriate management Information system are in place in KPC so that process output are measured, improvement opportunities identified, and the effectiveness of any Improvement are quantified.
• Develop business and performance improvement strategic plan in line with the GM Business and Performance improvement annual context statement.
• Develop with General Manager the key process and improvement initiatives and the associated key performance measures required to achieve the KPC business Improvement plan.
• Monitor Improvement projects progress to assess the savings and gains, monitor control charts, Investigate and rectify any variances required.
• Develop action plan with Business Improvement Champions and Project Leaders to ensure the sustainability for every improvement projects.
• Develop the effective communication strategy for KPC business improvement process to ensure people awareness of the program and to report the project results.
• Promote and reinforce compliance with KPC s Environmental Management Policy.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of mining Industry improvement initiatives and technological Innovations.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Possess a tertiary qualification in Mining, Mechanical, Geology/Civil Engineering from a reputable University.
• Hold Pengawas Operational Madya Certificate is preferable. Candidate with Business Improvement Experience using Six Sigma Methodology will be preferred.
• Possess extensive experience and proven skills in the mining industry at least 10 years, preferably in open cut mining coat mining encompassing a broad range of practical production, maintenance, improvement, technical and people management Issues.
• Possess Strong analytical, Problem Solving, Leadership, Negotiation and influencing and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written) in both bahasa Indonesia and English.
Successful Candidate will be offered attractive package of family status benefits and broad range of career opportunities in PT. Kaltim Prima Coal.
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume (Including details of present positions & remuneration and your latest color photograph) no later than 10 days after the date of this advertisement to the following address:
PT. Kaltim Prima Coal
PO Box 620 Balikpapan 76106 Kalimantan Timur
Or Email: email@example.com
Please indicate the position code in the email subject
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED